Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Some Vino that has Tickled my Fancy.

Now before we get on the wrong foot, I am NOT condoning drunkeness or even condoning in any fashion alcoholism. If you have a problem with alcohol then this blog is NOT for you. If you have a personal conviction about drinking then the blog is NOT for you! If you enjoy the finer things of life and you love to pair great wines with great food then this blog IS for you.

Some of my extreme fundamental friends would say that we shouldn't drink wine. I of course would respond that the Bible says not to drink to EXCESS! Then of course they would reply that in the Book of Proverbs that it say that we should not look on the Wine when it is red. Then of course I would respond that Jesus, (the guy that is responsible for the whole Bible being written) turned the water into wine with his first miracle!

Some folks would say, "Oh, but that was grape juice!" My rebuttal would then be, so you DON'T believe the Bible when it says wine? For those wine lovers, like me, we certainly know the difference between grape juice and wine! Jesus could have turn the water into anything that he wanted! He could have turned it into Orange Soda Pop or Dr. Pepper or maybe Woodford Reserve Bourbon but he didn't he chose WINE! I digress!

Here are just some of the wines that I have fallen in love with this year!

This wonderful bottle of wine as you can see is a 2007 vintage which was surprising to me because normally your better wines would be in Odd numbers like 2006 or 2008 for example. This particular vintage is four years old and perfect for pairing with Italian, Steak, oh and yes Chocolate!
We certainly love the bold fruity taste that the Shiraz brings from the Land Down Under.

Another Syrah that comes from Sonoma County in California. I personally love any bold, cinnamon, plumish, fruity flavors.


Now if you are one that has Migraine headaches the only wine that I would suggest in this venue would be the Aconga from Argentina because it is a white Chenin Blanc-Chardonnay. This has no Tannins to trigger your Migraine Headache.
This is great with Fish, Chicken, Pastas, Mediterranean or some hot Jazz or Blues.




It took me a long time to find a French Wine that I liked. Almost everything that I tasted and smelt was like smelling or tasting HORSE CRAP! Not that I have tasted that but it was horrible!
Finally! I, through the urging of a fine gentlemen that lives in the South of France, have found the
 Cotes Du Rhone!
This region seems to have the fines grapes for wine in France that I have found!
Fruity, Bold, Plumish, Cinnamon, Tobacco, Oak which equals to YUM!
Great with about any fair or by itself.
All of these wines can be found at your local Stores for under $20!
Bon Appetite!

As in the memorable words of the little Rat in Rattattoui, "Don't just Hork it down!"

Now, my friends, If you happen to come across a wine that is astounding, please take a photo of the bottle and jot some notes down and send them to me so that I can highlight that on my blog as well as test it myself!
Keep it simple, Keep it under $30! (There is a recession, you know!)



No comments:

Post a Comment