Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

July the 4th, Independence Day=#Peaceday

We are coming out of a short winter and now spring is coming into bloom. The Mayans seem to think that this is our last year on this planet. Maybe this is a good thing. I don't mean to sound morbid but being 51 years of age, I have seen so much death and destruction that I'm about ready for some peace and quiet. 



Every time that I turn on the Television there is some atrocity that is going on. Take for instance today. Here are some Children and a Teacher that is minding their own business going to school and a coward rolls by on a motorcycle and senselessly shoots them in cold blood. There are wars in Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan, the Sudan and the list just keeps on growing, like a festering tumor. No wonder the good Lord had a flood back in the day like a reset button.

So as my faithful readers know, I started thinking, What if? I saw a documentary about a brave young man that went to all of these countries and even to the UN to beg for one 24 hour day of Peace. Try as though he may he couldn't get anyone to work with him. That documentary lit a fire under my butt and I thought why not try it on the internet? 

What if we could make it go Viral on the internet for one 24 hours period to have a Global Ceasefire where no one killed anybody? How hard can it be? Now I have gone thru my whole life and so far, I have not killed any one. So, is it possible that I request the whole planet for one day to do the same? Will you help me? Call your friends and loved ones. Call your mayor's, political figures. 

I have picked the 4th of July which is the Independence day of the United States to Abolish War! I want a 24 hour Cease Fire that is Global. No one gets to kill anyone on the 4th of July. Can we please do that? Just one day that nobody dies by anyones hand. One day in which we can have a party. One day in which we can love each other instead of killing one another. One day for a picnic. One day where our children can play and have fun together. That's all that I'm asking for. Please retweet and share this with your friends.
Remember, July 4th Independence = #Peaceday.

No comments:

Post a Comment