Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Johnny Walker Photo Shoot

I was in Fricshes I few weeks ago dining, having my usual Big Boy platter that comes with french fries, cole slaw and a root beer. I'm always eavesdropping on conversations because I love to study people and hear their stories. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so but it does make me nosey. Sometimes it opens doors of opportunities.

So at this point I saw a Lady and a younger Lady that was dressed in jeans, plaid shirts and work boots so I assumed that they worked on a farm or in the Horse trade that is here in Kentucky. Turfway Park is just down the road.

I introduced myself and we struck up a conversation. She, Ms. Ingram told me that she owned the Johnny Walker Stables and that the stable had been handed down from generation to generation. She said that I should come out sometime. I told her that I was an Artist and a Photographer and that I would be delighted to come out and take a few pictures of horses and the old home place. She gave me a card and I left to pay the check.

A few weeks later, I was in the neighborhood and I called her to ask permission to pay a visit and to take some pictures of the horses and the place. She said that she would call her daughter to let her know that I was coming.

I was only about five minutes away so the drive went pretty fast. I turned into a gravel bumpy road that led a short way back to the stables. I met her daughter who told me that if anyone ask why I was there to tell them that, "Susan said that it was all right." So I wandered back stepping around mud and followed my way back towards the fields and the barns. It was a nice place. A place that you just wanted to set down and watch the horses. To my surprise, I found that they had Icelandic horses that were being stabled there.









Now as you can see they are not very big horses but they are sure footed and tough. When I was taking these pictures it was very cold in the low 30's yet these horses felt quite at home. Also you can see that I made friends with this one horse. It followed me all along the fence, allowing me to pet and to scratch it's ears.

The place was a nice Kentucky Stable that had beautiful horses and ambience of times gone by.








So if you are ever in the Northern Kentucky area just south of Cincinnati and need to Board your horse, they have indoor and outdoor Arenas. They have daily turnouts for the horses or if you want to take horse riding lessons this would be a perfect place.

Susan Ingram - Owner
P.O. Box 604
5276 Bullittsville Road
Burlington, Ky 41005

Remember to smile today! Who knows, it may open a door of opportunity for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment