Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The "Morning Magic" story

As you have probably figured out, I am certainly the morning person. On this particular morning I went to my neighborhood Bob Evans and had a fine breakfast with biscuits and gravy. After leaving I said to myself, this is such a beautiful morning I wonder if I can get any nice shots if I go to Big Bone Lick?

All right, you can get your mind out of the gutter! Big Bone Lick Lake is an actual lake in Northern Kentucky that is famous for it's fossils and Mammoths. You should certainly put this on your bucket list to come see. They also have a herd of Bison that can be seen as well.

Anyway, I drove into the park and thought, I have never seen the lake. So I took a left into this small parking lot. I parked the truck, got out while gathering my camera. I found the small path leading towards the lake. During that week I had been experiencing a little chest cold and as I was walking up the path I coughed and three deer jumped up to my left and ran down the hill blowing and whistling. Also a fourth deer ran to my right and wheeled around and stopped looking at me not 20 feet away.

 It's though time stood still! She was there blowing at me and looking at me as to say "Who are you? And what are you doing in my yard?!" I silently popped the lid off of my lense, turned on my digital Pantax camera. Now, I had almost lost her in the brush so I didn't aim the camera. I just started panning and shooting from belly level. Then she turned and bolted up the hill with her white tail waving at me in the wind.

They were gone as quickly as they had been there. So after catching my breath I quietly picked my way up the hill and then I saw this beautiful sight that was even more magical then the deer.


To me it was breath taking! I called this "Smoke on the Water." It was such a wonderful time in the morning just Me, the deer and God.


            So the following is the rendition that I painted in my tribute of that particular morning.


                                            That's why I call this piece, "Magical Morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment