Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Setting in the Sun


I took a photograph of a man setting by himself fishing at the Camp Earnst Lake in Burlington, Kentucky. This was in 2009 which was a tough year for everyone. The recession was at it's climax. My Father, the late Dr. Elmo Peters D.D. had concluded his time on this planet. My two dogs Butterscotch and Oreo had also left he planet to where ever little dogs go.

I loved this picture because of the timing of the setting of the sun and the patience of the old man that was fishing. He had been there several times and he might have had luck or not but he was still waiting for his time.

Isn't that really what we are doing? We are waiting for our time in the sun. Life is sure a mystery. We are born into this life as innocent as snow. We grow, we experience pain and happiness as we journey on this planet. What do we do with all of the knowledge and wisdom that we gain? Do we share it? Do we keep it in our hearts and minds like a vault? 

Hopefully we make an imprint on someone to do better. Hopefully we are like a ripple in a pond and we spread love and joy wherever we may go. I would like to hope that I have inspired someone to reach beyond and achieve their dreams.

Yesterday a man made an offer to purchase this painting of mine. It wasn't for as much as I would have liked to get but it was almost like a gift for he is now setting in the sunset of his life. I hope that he enjoys  the painting for the rest of his days.

No comments:

Post a Comment