Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winters that come and go.

Well, this winter is my 49th winter that I have seen come and go. So many hate winter but to me it's a part of life. You have to take it as it comes. I have seen good winters and I have seen hard winters. I believe that you have to treat winter like you would life. You must prepare for it. Have you had the antifreeze changed in the car? Have you checked the tires on the car? Did you put your safety and emergency kit in the car? Do you have a blanket? Do you have a tow rope or chain in the trunk? Maybe a shovel to dig out of the snow? Same as with life. Have you kissed your wife today and told her that you love her? (Or your husband) Have you hugged your kids today? Have you patted the dog or kitty on the head or scratched them behind the ears?


I think that sometimes we should take the time to reflect. Are we ready for the next step in our lives? What is our next step? What is our next project? Where is our next trip? Who will we meet today? Who can we influence? How can we make humanity and the world better?
I don't know about you but I tire of the status quo. I want to reach higher! I want to be a better husband! I want to be a better Father! A better man!
When I step into that Winter of Separation I want people to know that I was here and that I was a good man. That I cared. If you think about it that is really what death is. It is a portal that separates us from those that have gone on. I do believe that what we do and the choices that we make determine our destination thru that portal. Some believe that we come back as someone else or as something else. I am not of that thought. I don't believe that I have been any where else then where that I have been. I do believe that where I am going is unfathomable to the human mind. I am very excited and am not afraid of that moment when it comes.




My Father saw it and tried his best to describe it to me but he didn't have the vocabulary to explain it to me. I am reminded of the words, "Eye hath not seen , nor ear heard , neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 


Yes, I believe in a God. I believe that he has always been. I have felt him in his greatness. Now you may not and that is fine. It is not for me to judge you. He is my creator, God, King and my loyalties are unto him. Now I am not the type of Christian that rails against people. I live my life and hopefully someone can see my little light shine.
Well my friends, I hope that you enjoyed our little walk today thru the winter. If you should ever have a question that maybe I can help with let me know. I'm not a Dear Abby but I will give you a straight answer. Remember if it's a Biblical question, I will give you a Biblical Answer. 
Keep in mind that I'm NOT a religious man but I am spiritual. There is a difference. Even Jesus Christ himself didn't like religion and religion didn't like him either.

No comments:

Post a Comment